I was tagged by @SpartaGus to reveal 20 facts about myself. You can find his here.
- When I was 13 I wanted to be an actress/model/singer, because you can’t choose just one. Duh!
- I hate hashbrowns. Potatoes in any other form is acceptable. Hashbrowns? May as well be cigarette ash.
- It’s possible I have an unhealthy obsession with journals.
4. My first kiss was at 15 on a high school production balcony, Spiderman style, while I was unknowingly high on shrooms (Friend of a friend dosed our pizza). Pretty sure the guy doesn’t even know.
5. In college I worked at Marineland for 2 summers in the Beluga Whale photo booth and got to feed them often (No, I didn’t see any evidence of animal abuse. Yes, I get asked that all the time).
6. Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favourite movies and I watch it twice a year. Halloween while carving pumpkins and Christmas while decorating the tree.
7. My first novel is being re-released today (June 1, 2016). A paranormal romance/urban fantasy ‘Soul Discovery, Soul Seer Chronicles, Book one‘. At least 5 more books to follow.
8. I’m allergic to exercise. Well, kind of. I have Food Dependent, Exercise Induced Anaphyalaxis. If I eat something on my Danger List and get my heart racing within 24 hours of eating the food, I go into anaphalaxis. I haven’t had an apple since ’99 and I crave them often. *sigh* Mmmm, apple pie.
9. I love hour glasses. They’re so pretty. One I have on a necklace is my favourite.
10. I married my high school sweetheart. (Not the shroom dude). It’s been almost 16 years and he continues to make me laugh everyday.
11. I worked at a pickle factory for about 2 seconds. The noise, smell, and motion sickness due to the conveyor belt, resulted in me fainting onto a cement floor. Not made for factory work.
12. I share my April 7th birthday with famous people like Russell Crowe, Jackie Chan, Billie Holiday, James Garner, and a handful of YouTube stars.
13. To support my brother in rockstardom I traveled with him and a busload of others to Florida on a puke-strewn party bus to see him compete in a battle of the bands during Canadian Spring Break. During, I didn’t drink any alcohol. (American pop tasted funny – ruined my rum – and I don’t drink beer or straight liquor) So my brother told people I was allergic to alcohol so they would leave me alone.
14. Halloween is my favourite holiday, but I haven’t celebrated it (except carving pumpkins) since I was 17 while underage drinking and wearing a purple fuzzy top-hat while pounding on peoples doors and being turned away.
15. I love pugs. This is obvious if you follow me for more than 5 minutes.
16. I’m 1of 6 women in The Fabulous Fictionistas who vlog, blog, and chat about reading, writing, publishing, and anything that tickles our entertainment fancy on our Youtube channel, website, Facebook, and Twitter.
17. Some of my favourite shows are Supernatural, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, and The Originals – anything with supernatural/paranormal beasties in it. So many more I love are no longer around or were cancelled far too soon. I miss Haven and The fringe.
18. During my driving lessons I was in an accident. It wasn’t my fault, but my instructor was gone after that and I got a new one. The experience left me a nervous driver which is why I never get behind the wheel.
19. I’m a Senior Women’s Advocate at a women’s shelter and assist others facing struggles including habitual homelessness, addictions, mental health, abuse, and much more to help them move on to the next phase of their lives.
20. My ligaments are extra stretchy and my joints tend to partially dislocate under minimal pressure. As a kid they would pop out. As an adult it makes for a good party trick. 😉
There you go. I’m officially an open book. Don’t leave me hanging. Tell me a fact about you I don’t already know. Make it interesting 😀
13 thoughts on “20 Facts about Author S.J. Cairns”
No hash browns? YOU MONSTER!
I can’t even handle them.
I’m with Kim on this one.
Nah, son. They don’t belong on my plate.
I have experimentally calculated the speed of light with 99% accuracy, liquified a gas using ice cubes and a lot of pressure, and taken a “picture” of gold atoms.
Well then, you’re quite sciency 😛 I dissected a frog once.
Great list! Good luck with the re-release of your book! Hopefully it will be a big success and you’ll never have to worry about pickle factories ever again 😀
There are MANY things I would do before I’d ever work in a pickle factory again. The list is as long as it is grimy.
Can this Beluga whale be reached for questioning about these alleged feedings?
This Beluga is of sound mind and motive and wishes to remain nameless at this point in time. We thank you for your privacy.
The Beluga has gone into the witness protection program.
How is it you didn’t show us this party trick of yours at BEA????
Because people usually get grossed out, haha.